Locksmith Queens INC- Rekey Services
Rekeying is a brilliant solution instead of replacing the lock itself. Rekey services have their own set of perks. A good locksmith like Locksmith Queens INC will know if the most suitable service for you is a rekey or lock switch. There is a huge difference between rekey services and lock switch services. One might think that they need rekey services, but in reality, they need a lock switch. Knowing what kind of service suits you best can save you a lot of time, money, and effort. Locksmith Queens INC can help you out with determining the service that you need.
What Are Rekey Services?
Rekey is a service in which the locksmith removes the pin and springs in the lock cylinder, and then replaces it with a new set of pins and springs. In other words, rekey is when you switch the key, and not the lock itself.
Why Choose Rekey Services Over Lock Switch Services?
There are a few reasons why rekey services are better than lock switch services. Here is a breakdown of the reasons:
● Price: Rekey services are cheaper when compared to lock switch services. Instead of wasting more money on a job unnecessarily, determine what service works best for you.
● Key Control: This usually happens when you move into a new house (a change in possession of a property). Instead of changing all of the locks, you rekey. Rekey service allows you to change the key and not the lock itself. Another popular example is when you lost your key, and you’re afraid somebody else might have it; so you take precaution measures and use rekey services. In other words, it enhances your security and allows you to start keeping track of who has possession of the key and entrance to your home.
● Brands: If you have a few brand locks and you want all the keys to fit for them; using rekey services can solve the problem.
● Time: Rekey services are faster than switching locks. If done by a professional locksmith like Locksmith Queens INC it can take half the time than switching locks.
● Keep Your Hardware: If you have an amazing design for your locks than you don’t want to switch with a basic lock, you can use rekey services to help you keep your old hardware intact.
When Do You Switch Locks and Not Use Rekey Services?
One of the questions we at Locksmith Queens INC in Queens, NY get often relating to this topic is about the use of switch lock services. As we stated above, there are a few good reasons why you use rekey services instead of switch lock services. Here are a few examples of when to use a switch lock service and not rekey services:
● Old Locks: When the locks you currently have are rusty and old, almost every person would like to switch these kinds of locks, and there is no problem doing that at all.
● Lock Design: If you don’t like the design of your lock or the color of it than it’s better to switch them.
Price For Rekey Services
Every locksmith has a different cost for each of their services. We at Locksmith Queens INC have made a breakdown of the average prices in 2019 that locksmiths have.
-A locksmith might charge $1-$4 to copy a key, but the price might jump to $3-$20 for special keys. To rekey your door, there will be a minimum fee of $40 to $100 plus $5 to $25 per lock cylinder
Can You Do It Yourself?
Yes, there is an option to do it yourself if you prefer. With just a few simple steps, you can perform a rekey on your own. Here is the breakdown of the steps:
1) Buy a rekeying kit online or in a local hardware store.
2) Remove the knob, retainer ring, and cylinder plug.
3) Insert the pins (in the kit) and then reassemble the lock.
We at Locksmith Queens INC recommend you don’t do it on your own. Sometimes, rekeying can be more complicated than you can expect. That is why you should always have an expert like us help you.
How We Can Help You
Locksmith Queens INC has extensive experience in the locksmith industry. With years of experience under our belt, we have the tools to help you not just with rekey services, but also with commercial and automotive locksmith services. Locksmith Queens INC is an accredited locksmith company. So with that in mind, know that we have helped thousands of customers and hundreds of companies solve their locksmith problems.
Get rekey locksmith service now! Call (212) 203-6021. For more information, you can check our website: Locksmithqueensinc.com. If you have any further inquiries, you can send us an email, and a professional representative from our company will connect with you. You can send it to the following email:Locksmithqueensinc@gmail.com. We can’t wait to hear from you soon.