Locksmith Queens INC- Keyless Access System
In the past years, we have advanced at a remarkable pace when it comes to technology. This advancement has impacted the locksmith and security industry in many ways. With new tech locks such as electronic locks, biometric locks, and many more, you can clearly see the progress. With new technology being introduced, there are also new terms to be learned. One of the terms is the keyless access system; also known as keyless entry and remote central locking. The term keyless access system refers to a lock that uses an electronic remote control key which is activated by the device itself, unlike the traditional way of us using the physical key to open our house, or basically any other lock.
When Did it All Start?
The term keyless access system was introduced in the 1980s with Ford cars. At that time, it was a keypad on the driver side. It was a keypad with five buttons that demanded the driver to input the code in order for the car to start.
What is a Keyless Access System?
The keyless access system is basically a short-range radio transmitter. When the correct button is pressed, it sends a coded signal to the lock itself and then unlocks. The most popular keyless access system is with cars. Nowadays, most of us have transponder keys for our vehicle, but over the years, keyless access systems have involved. Some people have it also for their home and office.
There are a few important aspects you should know about the keyless access system. Every keyless access system has a certain digital code for it, so whenever you want a new key you need to program it from the start. The reason for needing to program is to allow the new key to emit the same signal and frequency as the original key. Without that, your new key won’t unlock the door.
The Benefits of Keyless Access Systems
There are a few perks that come with the keyless access system. Firstly, is security. This type of key doesn’t just allow you to copy it, unlike the regular keys that we all know and love. The unique digital code that is embedded in your key adds an additional layer of security. Secondly, is convenience. This is pretty self-explanatory. The rise of advanced technology makes everything much easier and convenient for us.
How to Know if a Keyless Access System Suits You
A keyless access system doesn’t suit everybody. Some of us still prefer the old doorknobs with a brass finish. You might even want a standard lock or Mortise Lock. Before Opting to a keyless access system, there are a few questions you must ask yourself in order to know if it suits you.
Here is a breakdown of the questions:
1) Do you want an added set of security to your home? What kind of features would you want to be included?
2) How do you want to operate the door? Do you want to use a remote control, and if you do, how many remotes do you want?
3) Do you want your keyless access system for the entry of your house to be electric or battery-powered?
4) What is the distance you will want the keyless access system to work from?
5) Do you want the porch lights to turn on when you unlock the door?
What Kind of Keyless Access Systems are available
There are many keyless access systems available for you to use. We have made a list for you of the most popular ones:
● Keyless Locks: One of the most famous companies in this industry is Morning Industry INC. Morning Industry INC offers you an Insteon MorniningLinc controller. The Morning Industry locks become part of your home Insteon network. Solutions start at around USD $150.
● Electric door strikes: There are two main manufactures for this kind of keyless access system; Lee Electric or SECO-LARM are the most popular. Any door can be wired into an electric door and controlled remotely. Furthermore, you can include features such as external or internal lights to be turned on at the same time. Solutions start at around USD $45 when attached to an existing X-10 compatible network.
● Remote control lock: In other words, you will have a remote control key to open up your lock. Solutions start at around USD $250 with an $8.99 per month subscription fee. The leading company for this kind of service is Z-Wave.
Get your keyless access system installed now! Call (212) 203-6021. For more information, you can check our website: Locksmithqueensinc.com. If you have any further inquiries, you can send us an email, and a professional representative from our company will connect with you. You can send it to the following email:Locksmithqueensinc@gmail.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon.