Locksmith Queens INC – Ignition Repair
One of the most important auto parts of your vehicle is the ignition. An automotive ignition switch operates the starter system for an engine, and also, controls the power source of the majority of electronic devices in cars. Many vehicles today have transponder keys. Transponder keys for those who don’t know are car keys that send low-level signals to your car; the signal switches on your car. That is why it is important that your ignition will always be functional, and if needed, get an ignition repair. We at Locksmith Queens INC have written for you a short guide on how to tackle this problem.
The Evolution of the Car Ignition
Once upon a time, we used to have a physical key that we used to switch on our car. In the past years, a new way to switch vehicles on has been developed and that is “Push Button Style” ignitions. The new design of the switch allows for different modes to be selected, for example, accessories where only lights and entertainment will be powered, run where all components are powered, and start where power is primarily directed to the starting of the car. Furthermore, security components may also be installed into the ignition switch that will not allow the car to be started without the proper key, or in the case of push-button ignition, the transmission of the proper signal (making hot-wire seem an impossible task).
Common Problems With Ignition Switch
How can one notice if they have an ignition problem? Learning to locate ignition problems can not only go a long way for you, but it can also help you save on the hardships that you might encounter if you don’t perform an ignition repair.
Here are a few ways to notice if you need an ignition repair:
● Turning the key: If you find it difficult to turn the key, unable to turn the key, or turning the key doesn’t start your car, then you’re in need of an ignition repair.
● Key Broke: It doesn’t happen often, but if your car keys break inside the ignition you’ll have no other choice but to get an ignition repair.
A problem in your ignition switch is significant, and we suggest you get an ignition repair as fast as possible. It’s better fixing the problem at hand, rather than find quick fixes that won’t last for long. If you leave it be, you’ll probably be calling a tow truck at some point. Most repairs can be completed in a day or less unless you need to order special parts.
The Cost of an Ignition Repair
Here is a Breakdown of the prices:
● Estimated part(s) cost = $60 – $100
● Estimated labor cost= $75 – $150
● Estimated total cost = $135 – $250
The cost for your ignition repair pretty much varies between the make and model of your car. Moreover, the condition of the key and/or lock cylinder will play a factor on the price too. Keep in mind, prices vary from place to place, still, an ignition repair is a must in order to keep driving safely without any issues along the road. Locksmith Queens INC can help you with all the details you need.
Repairing an Ignition Switch
There are a few ways to try and repair your ignition switch in case of an emergency.
Here is a breakdown of the steps:
1) All vehicles have a steering wheel lockout safety device that will not allow the wheel to turn when the key is in the ”Off” position.
2) Vehicles equipped with power steering utilize a pump which maintains pressure while the engine is running. If the front wheels are turned when the engine is shut off, the system loses pressure and forces the steering against the lockout pin.
3) In this case, grasp the steering wheel and apply pressure in the same direction as the wheels are turned, the lock pin will be relieved allowing the ignition key to be turned.
We always recommend getting an auto expert to help you in case of an emergency. This is one solution that won’t always work but can help you in times of need. Locksmith Queens INC in Queens, NY can provide you with a solution to all ignition problems.
How We Can Help You
Locksmith Queens INC has been one of the leading companies in the auto locksmith field. We have helped countless customers that were in need of an ignition repair. Locksmith Queens INC can fix the problem at hand swiftly and professionally. With Locksmith Queens INC’s expert locksmith technicians, we will fix the task at hand quickly, that way you can keep up with your daily schedule as if nothing happened.
Get ignition repair locksmith service now! Call (212) 203-6021. For more information, you can check our website https://www.locksmithqueensinc.com/. If you have any further inquiries, you can send us an email and a professional from our company will connect with you. You can send it to the following email:Locksmithqueensinc@gmail.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon.