Locksmith Queens INC – Broken Key Extraction
We have all had this unique experience at some point, where our keys break inside the lock. It may have happened to your house lock, office lock, or maybe even your car lock. Most of us will try to forcibly pull the key out of the lock. A horrifying consequence can be that a part of the key may get stuck in the lock itself! What could be the possible resolution in this scenario? Obviously, one would be staying locked out of the door. However, in order to extract the broken key from the keyhole and get a spare key, one must contact a professional locksmith agency as soon as possible.
Locksmith Queens INC can be your number one solution for broken key extraction. We have a 24/7 team well equipped with everything they need to help you at any time of the day. Furthermore, Locksmith Queens INC’s expert technicians have performed broken key extractions countless times and can help you quickly. Broken key extraction is just one of the many ways Locksmith Queens INC can help you.
Reasons Why it Happens
Breaking your keys can happen for a few reasons: the keys are worn out, the keys are too old, or maybe you applied too much pressure when the key is not properly inserted. Those are some of the most common reasons why it happens, but there are many other reasons too. We at Locksmith Queens INC in Queens will show you how to extract your key whenever you encounter a situation that requires broken key extraction.
How to Extract Broken Keys
Extracting car keys is not as hard as you may think; however, it must be done the right way in order not to further inflict damage to the lock or ignition, and of course, to save you money. Many car owners think that extracting a car key is an insurmountable task, mainly. because the word extraction normally goes hand in hand with some kind of operation. Locksmith Queens INC has broken down the process for broken key extraction
Here is the breakdown:
1) What you will need – You will need a few tools in order to extract the key without having any collateral damage:
● A suitable non-oil-based lubricant (WD-40 works well in most cases)
● Broken Key Extractor Tool, Broken Key Extraction Kit OR a small hacksaw blade.
● Needle-nose Pliers.
2) What to do:
● The first step involves spraying the keyway (either for the lock or the ignition) with a cream to make sure that the broken piece of the key can be extracted with ease. A damaged lock or ignition is much more expensive to replace than it is to extract your car key, so make sure that you follow these steps patiently.
● The second step is to start using your tools. After the lock or ignition has been properly lubricated, you will then make use of the broken key extractor tool or the small hacksaw blade. Each of these can be used to draw the broken key piece out. When using the broken key extractor tool or the small hacksaw blade, you will need to insert them in the keyway so that they can catch onto the bitting of the key, and thus gently pull the broken key piece out.
● In some cases, the broken key piece might not slide out all the way (this can happen when you use the other tools listed above as well). If this happens, make sure you used the needle-nose pliers or the hemostat to get a firm grip on the portion of the key that is protruding from the lock or the ignition. Once you have a good grip on it, gently pull it loose.
3) Visit a Locksmith:
Sometimes, your broken key piece might be embedded too deep in the keyway for any of the above tools we mentioned earlier to help. In this case, it is always best to call an expert auto locksmith like Locksmith Queens INC to help with the extraction of the broken key. Locksmith Queens INC is a seasoned auto locksmith company that, besides providing you broken key extraction service, can also provide you 24/7 all around locksmith service. Locksmith Queens INC has worked with countless customers and has helped them, not just with broken key extraction, but also in the lockouts area.
Locksmith Queens INC is an accredited locksmith that can provide you with the best customer service and the most efficient locksmith technicians that not only specialize in broken key extraction but in much more than that.
Get broken key extraction locksmith service now! Call: (212) 203-6021. For more information, you can check our website: Locksmithqueensinc.com. If you have any further inquiries, you can send us an email and a professional representative from our company will connect with you. You can send it to the following email:Locksmithqueensinc@gmail.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon.